15 Minute Gourmet – White Chocolate and Berry French Toast
Say bonjour to white chocolate and berry French toast! Despite it’s name, French toast is a firm favourite not only in France but in kitchens around the world. I’ve also filmed this recipe and you can watch it below.
This 15-minute gourmet recipe elevates the humble French toast to a delectable and decadent gourmet dish. White chocolate and berry French toast is a fun twist on traditional toast and makes a delicious addition to brunch.
- 6 slices of your preferred bread
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsps unsalted butter
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp of butter and let it melt.
- While the skillet is heating, add the eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon into a bowl. Whisk together.
- Dip the bread slices in the egg mixture and add to the hot skillet.
- Cook for 2 minutes and flip, cooking for another 2 (or until golden on each side).
- Do this for each slice of bread.
- Note: add the extra butter when you need it.
White Chocolate Sauce
- 250g white chocolate chips
- 180ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 punnet raspberries
- In a small saucepan, add the heavy whipping cream and heat over medium heat until it boils.
- Once it boils add the white chocolate chips and vanilla.
- Pour the sauce over the french toast and serve with strawberries.