Grilled pork chops with asparagus and apple salsa
Grilled pork chops are one of my go-to quick and easy recipes. They are so simple to cook so they save a lot of time for when you feel like having a gourmet dinner but just don’t have the time for endless cooking. For this recipe, I have added some boiled asparagus and a delicious homemade apple salsa.
If you want to jazz up your asparagus a bit I usually squeeze some fresh lemon juice over the asparagus stems and a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds. But they are just as good without the extra effort. What’s your favourite way to prepare asparagus? Let me know in the comments!
- 3- 4 large green apples chopped
- 3 – 4 large red apples chopped
- 2 large red onions diced
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp rosemary minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 boneless pork chops
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g green asparagus
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine apples, onion, vinegar, rosemary, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Use a medium-sized saucepan to boil some salted water and boil asparagus until they are cooked but still firm. Leave in hot water and set to one side.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add pork and cook without moving for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Drain the asparagus and portion onto plates.
- Remove grilled pork chops from the pan and top with reserved apple salsa.
- Serve and enjoy your quick and easy grilled pork chops.