Dark chocolate avocado mousse
Who doesn’t love chocolate mousse – and it’s even easier to enjoy this devilishly delicious dark chocolate avocado mousse knowing it’s also healthy.
We all know that avocado is a great source of healthy fats and omega 3’s but dark chocolate also has a huge variety of health benefits (check out my article on it here). This recipe also uses honey instead of sugar and so it’s a treat you can enjoy without putting on a load of weight.
- ½ cup dark chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 medium avocados, ripe and squishy with pips and skins removed
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- grated chocolate or cocoa powder for serving
- Fill a small saucepan with a few inches of water and bring the water up to a simmer.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over the water and allow the chocolate to melt.
- Make sure that not even one drop of water gets into the melting chocolate as this will destroy the consistency.
- When the dark chocolate is melted and smooth remove from the water and set aside for 5-10 minutes to cool slightly.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor place all the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick to blend, add a tablespoon or two of additional coconut milk until the desired consistency is reached.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 30-45 minutes until it is chilled.
- You can scoop it into bowls as is or fill a pastry bag with a large star tip and pipe into small bowls for a more decorative look.
- Serve with a light dusting of cocoa powder or some grated chocolate.
- Enjoy your scrumptious, guilt-free and healthy dark chocolate avocado mousse.