30 minute keto friendly butter chicken
It’s no fun missing out on those cozy, comfort foods when you’re on a diet! Problem solved! This easy keto friendly butter chicken recipe means that you can have the best of both worlds. The key to a good keto diet is to have good fats and oils, protein, veg and dairy while trying to eliminate carbs as much as possible, and this tasty recipe fits the bill.
This is not just a boring old diet food either, the fragrant mix of spices and coconut cream really bring this dish alive, plus it only takes 30 minutes to make this keto friendly butter chicken. Since it can also be stored for up to 10 days in the fridge, this dish can be enjoyed again and again. Serve with your favourite no or low carb side dish and enjoy your guilt-free comfort food.
- 500g chicken breast
- 125ml whipping cream
- 125ml tinned coconut cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1,5 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp chili powder (or to taste for those of us who are more chili sensitive)
- In a bowl pre-mix your dry spices into a butter chicken spice mix.
- Cut the chicken up into bite-sized cubes and coat with the butter chicken spice mix.
- Set aside in a bowl – this allows the chicken to absorb the flavour of the spices.
- Dice the onion and garlic and set to one side.
- Place a pan on the stove on a medium heat and add the butter. Add the onion and sweat for 2-3 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic and sweat for another minute.
- Increase the pan heat to medium-high and add the chicken. Cook it almost entirely through for about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the chicken looks almost fully cooked add in the cream, coconut cream and tomato paste.
- Using a spatula mix in the tomato paste so it runs smooth through the cream.
- Turn the heat to down, cover with a lid and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir and allow the sauce to reduce for a further 1 – 2 minutes or until it has reached desired thickness.
- Remove from the heat and serve your keto friendly butter chicken with your favourite salad or veg. Remember no carbs as side dishes!