15 Minute Gourmet – Grilled brie and pear flatbread
This grilled brie and pear flatbread recipe is the quickest and easiest way to serve your guests (or yourself) a delicious gourmet bite. When combined, the flavour of crisp, sweet pear blends perfectly with the creamy, buttery brie cheese.
When it comes to parties, a decadent flatbread is one of the fanciest finger foods. You can’t go wrong by serving one (or three) as an appetizer, entree or light snack. Easy to make and ready to eat in 15 minutes or less, this simple but oh so yummy gourmet dish is sure to keep people coming back for another slice.
Makes 2 medium-sized brie and pear flatbread
- 2 prebaked flatbreads (I use pita bread but you can substitute for naan or gluten-free bread if you prefer)
- 50g brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- Rocket, for topping
- Balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Make sure your oven is up to temperature before putting your bread in so that it gets nice and crisp.
- Put the flatbread onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 2 minutes or until slightly crispy. If you are using pita bread, use a butter knife to make a small, flat incision in the bread to allow the steam to escape. If using naan, a thicker flatbread or a gluten-free bread increase your baking time by a few minutes.
- Remove the bread from the oven and layer the pear slices on top.
- Layer the brie cheese slices over the pear.
- Place back in the oven and bake for 3-4 more minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- Top with fresh rocket.
- Slice the brie and pear flatbread into wedges and serve immediately, although you can still enjoy them just as much when they’re cold.