Gluten-Free Choc Chip Cookies
Being on a gluten-free diet can be really challenging, especially when you miss out on the humble pleasures of fresh homemade baked goodies. These gluten-free choc chip cookies are the ideal way to spoil yourself, without enduring any gluten-related side effects! Thin, crispy, and slightly chewy, this is the chocolate chip cookie you’ve been waiting for.
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 75g butter – softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 150g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt, and keep aside.
- In another deeper bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter.
- Add the 2 different sugars to the butter and beat together until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the sugar and butter mixture. Beat until thickened and fluffy, approximately 1 -2 minutes.
- Add the almond flour mixture to the creamed mixture and mix gently until just blended. The dough will be very soft.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time and using your hands, roll into a ball. This should create a ball about the size of a golfball.
- Place each ball onto the greased baking sheet spacing them about 6 – 7cm apart. They will spread a lot while baking so be sure to leave enough space between each ball to prevent them from sticking together.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 15 – 20 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown around the edges and the biscuits are puffed in the centre.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the tray for about 2 minutes. If you try and remove them too soon they will break apart.
- Once cooled and hardened slightly, use a spatula to transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool down completely.
- Enjoy your gluten-free choc chip cookies!