Chia seed, apricot & coconut biscuits
This chia-seed, apricot, and coconut biscuits are a delicious breakfast on the go or any time snack. They are just filled with nutritional benefits and this recipe uses no dairy or egg so perfect for those with allergies.
Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, rich in antioxidants, and they provide fiber, iron, and calcium. This chia-seed, apricot and coconut biscuits recipe is relatively simple to make and has the perfect balance of flavour, texture and nutrition.
Makes approximately 20 biscuits
- ¾ cup of coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp honey
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 ¼ cups self-raising flour
- ¾ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and pregrease a baking sheet.
- Place oil and honey in a small saucepan over medium low heat. Cook, stirring for about 2 minutes or until combined and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Sift flour and bicarbonate into a large bowl.
- Stir in oats, sugar, coconut, apricot and chia seeds.
- Add cooled oil and honey mixture and stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into roughly golf ball sized balls, press to flatten them and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
- Allow to cool completely on the trays before removing.
- Serve and enjoy.