Slow-cooked vegan chickpea stew
While I myself am not vegan, this slow-cooked vegan chickpea stew is one of the first meatless meals I fell in love with.
Serves 6 – 8
- 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, including liquid
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tinned tomatoes
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped (keep skins on)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped for garnishing
- Heat the oil in a pan and lightly saute the onions and garlic and the onion has softened.
- Add the balance of the ingredients and simmer gently for approximately 30 minutes or until the potatoes and carrots have softened and the flavours have developed.
- To serve, stir in the fresh parsley and enjoy your Slow-cooked vegan chickpea stew.