Smokey Pineapple and Prawn Sriracha Skewers
Smokey pineapple and prawn Sriracha skewers are another jewel in the 15-minute gourmet recipe collections crown. Easy peasy and oh so tasty these Smokey pineapple and prawn Sriracha skewers only take 15 minutes to make.
- 4–5 wooden skewers (ideally soaked beforehand)
- 500g tiger prawn (preferable cleaned for time-saving)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 4 Tbsp honey
- 6 Tbsp Sriracha
- 30ml lime juice
- 30ml olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coriander leaves and lime wedges to serve
- Position an oven rack on the lowest shelf and set the oven to grill.
- Lightly grease a flat baking tray.
- In a bowl mix together the olive oil, honey, sriracha, lime juice, and ginger.
- Mix thoroughly.
- On a board cut the pineapple into cubes and dust with smoked paprika
- Thread one prawn and one piece of pineapple at a time onto skewers roughly 4/5 prawns per skewer.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place on the baking sheet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the prawns and brush the top with the glaze and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Flip the glazed side down, brush the top with the glaze, and cook for an additional minute.
- Flip, glaze, and cook until the prawns are cooked through, up to an additional minute per side.
- Remove from heat, drizzle with any remaining glaze and serve.