Classic chilled Gazpacho
The summer months call for a more chilled approach, and there’s nothing cooler than a nice chilled soup on a hot summer day. This classic chilled gazpacho recipe is filled with fresh ingredients and makes for a quick and healthy meal.
Light, refreshing, and full of flavour, this soup is a must-have in your cooking repertoire – it’s so easy! Another added bonus is that any leftovers can be used as a base for a bolognese sauce or even in a bloody mary. This chilled tomato soup is precisely as simple as summer recipes should be – delicious, healthy, and ready in minutes.
- 800g tinned tomatoes, peeled
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and with seeds removed
- ½ a small red onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced and deseeded
- 1 large garlic clove, chopped
- 15ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil leaves and a dollop of plain yogurt to garnish
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and lightly sauté the onions and garlic.
- Allow to cool slightly then combine all ingredients together in a blender or food processor.
- Purée for 1 minute, or until the soup reaches your desired consistency.
- Taste and season generously.
- Cover and refrigerate until completely chilled.
- Divide the chilled gazpacho into bowls, top with basil, and serve.