15-minute gourmet – Caprese and bacon stuffed avo
This Caprese and bacon stuffed avo recipe is a quick and easy way to create an inspired gourmet dish in minutes. Avocados are one of the most popular foods around and it’s not difficult to see why. Delicious and nutritious, there seems to be an avocado recipe for every occasion.
This recipe is also excellent for those on a keto, Banting or other low- or no-carb diet as it’s high in protein and good fats. Perfect to serve as an entree or just enjoy as a light and breezy lunch.
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes – halved
- ½ cup mozzarella balls
- 100g grams streaky bacon
- 3 to 4 tablespoons basil pesto (Store-bought or homemade, if you prefer to make your own try out my basil pesto recipe here: Homemade basil pesto )
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or salad greens as garnish
- Heat a pan on a medium heat and fry the bacon until it is crispy. Set aside to cool.
- Halve your avos and remove the pips. Peel them by making 2 or 3 small incisions in the peel at the tip (stalk end) of the halved avo, and simply pull downwards towards the base to remove the peel.
- In one bowl coat the tomatoes with the balsamic glaze, while in a second bowl thoroughly coat mozzarella balls with the basil pesto.
- Arrange prepared avocado halves onto a plate and fill each avocado half with the Caprese filling.
- Season with salt and pepper, drizzle with balsamic glaze and garnish with fresh basil or salad greens and bacon pieces.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your easy peasy 15-minute gourmet Caprese and bacon stuffed avo.