15 Minute Gourmet – Hoisin roasted chicken breast
Packed with protein and low in fat, chicken breasts are a favourite food of healthy eaters. However, if you’re getting bored of serving the same old plain grilled breast then this hoisin roasted chicken breast recipe is here to save your dinner party.
Hoisin sauce brings a stunning flavour profile to the dish – it has a nice blend of sweet, salty and sour as well as a rich background flavour from the sesame oil. The sauce makes the chicken extremely juicy and stops it from drying out in the oven – keeping the chicken soft and tender. And the best part? It only takes 15 minutes to make.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 60 ml hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh ginger (peeled and finely minced)
- 1,5 tsp minced garlic (finely)
- 1,5 tsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Sliced avocado to serve (optional)
- Watercress to serve
- Pita bread to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- On a wooden chopping board place the raw chicken breasts face down. Using a sharp kitchen knife slice the chicken breasts horizontally into two even pieces.
- Season with salt and pepper and set to one side.
- In a bowl combine the hoisin sauce, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, and ginger.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and make sure that each piece is thoroughly coated in sauce.
- Lightly grease an oven tray and place the coated chicken breasts on to it.
- Roast the chicken for about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the oven, turn over and return to the oven to cook for another 5 – 7 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Remove and allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime place the pita bread, if you are using avocado slices place them and the watercress onto plates.
- Sprinkle the hoisin roasted chicken breast with sesame seeds, serve and enjoy!