15 Minute Gourmet – Spicy Tuna Tartare
There are few meals that are more refreshing than delicious sashimi based recipes – proving once again that gourmet food can be as good to your waistline as it is to your taste buds. This spicy tuna tartare recipe is light and fresh, and looks stunning on a plate.
This recipe finds the perfect balance of fresh, crunchy, spicy, and creamy texture all in one bite, and it’s also super easy to make. It works wonderfully as a healthy delicious appetizer and is perfect for parties and celebrations. Since it only takes 15 minutes to make you can have your guests enjoying an ocean fresh gourmet starter in no time at all. It’s fun, it’s quick and it’s easy – and it’s definitely a recipe you’ll want to hang on to!
- 250g sushi grade tuna, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons pure sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons chives,chopped
- 2 tablespoons panko crumbs (if you can’t find panko crumbs use the crispiest breadcrumbs that you can find at the shop)
- 1 ripe, firm avocado, diced
- Finely chop the tuna fillet and store it in a bowl in the fridge. Ideally you want to serve the tuna as chilled as possible.
- Dice avocado into cubes.
- Pour half the lime juice over the avo and store in the fridge.
- In a jug combine the sesame oil, rice wine, remaining lime juice, soy sauce and sriracha.
- Pour the mixture over the tuna and mix thoroughly until all the tuna has been coated.
- On a plate layer the avocado at the bottom and then spoon the seasoned tuna on top of the avo.
- Finish it off by garnishing with the chopped chives, micro herbs and panko crumbs.
- Serve your spicy tuna tartare chilled and enjoy with your favourite glass of white wine or champagne!