Lighter Low Fat White Chocolate Mousse
This is a new take on a favoured and famous dessert. This low fat white chocolate mousse uses minimal ingredients and tastes just as good as the full-fat version.
This mousse is both creamy and fluffy and perfect for those with a sweet tooth. I like to serve mine with raspberries or another tart fruit to cut through the sweetness and bring the flavours together for an awesome dreamy dessert.
- 200g white chocolate, chopped
- 8 large egg whites
- 100g fat free greek yoghurt
- Fresh raspberries to garnish ( I like raspberries but you can use blueberries or gooseberries or any other tart fruit)
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of simmering water without letting any watergate into the chocolate.
- Stir occasionally until melted, then set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the egg whites in a large bowl and whisk into medium-stiff peaks.
- Slowly stir the yogurt into the melted chocolate until combined.
- Using a large metal spoon or spatula, stir a spoonful of the whisked egg whites into the chocolate mixture to loosen, then carefully fold in the remaining egg white.
- Divide equally among the ramekins, then chill for 4 hours before serving.
- Top off with fresh raspberries and enjoy your low fat white chocolate mousse.